Friday, June 24, 2016

First big step to smaller living

We've been simplifying. That's not how it feels when every day is filled with to-do lists that are miles long and every surface is piled high with things we're not sure what to do with (storage? Give away? Sell? Keep?) but we are keeping our eyes on the goal of lightening our lives. Our 240 square foot new home helps keep us on track by sitting in our driveway, dwarfed in the shadow of our two-story farm house, reminding us "Whatever you put in that keep box needs to fit in here!'". Far from being depressing or stress-inducing, it's exhilarating in a way that I've only dreamed of feeling exhilarated before (subject to change, ask me next month if I'm still as naively giddy at this prospect as I am now...). Specific plans are still hinging on several unknowns, mostly selling our house, but we're finally very close to having it ready to put on the market! Stay tuned for this summer's pre-adventure posts as we dive deeper into the chaos before the open road. 

2 comments:

  1. Joann and I love our time in our tiny space (our RoadTrek).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So inspiring- can't wait to watch your adventure and story unfold!

    ReplyDelete